Salary: A competitive salary & benefits package
Location: Hitchen, Herts
Our client is passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. They invest a great deal of time and effort in their employees to ensure that they have a sustained future and a trusted brand.
Due to rapid growth and continuous success they are now looking for a Design Manager to join their Technical team, to provide leadership and management of design/technical solutions, process and resources. You will be based at Hitchin however nationwide travel is to be expected. This is a great opportunity to join a highly successful and expanding business.
Reporting into the Technical Team Lead, you will manage and deliver a portfolio of projects/solutions, develop standard technical solutions that are cost effective and robust, and provide technical support to the bid process; identifying and addressing risks and leading bids/tenders when allocated responsibility. Your role will also involve ensuring scheme designs/solutions meet all necessary statutory and regulatory approvals and are recorded on appropriate tracking logs. You will select, manage and appoint design team consultants to ensure that they perform in line with their deed and agreed scope of services. Most importantly, you will be joining a values based business with a family ethos, with our people at the heart of everything that they do. As an employer they will welcome you, support you, and encourage you to be the best you can be.
Essential skills, qualities and experience
• A Construction, Architectural, Building Surveying, Environmental or Engineering based degree
• Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams
• Sound understanding and knowledge of traditional and contemporary building constructional forms/materials/ techniques etc.
• Understanding of CAD/BIM
• Knowledge and good understanding of relevant Building Regulations and statutory guidance
• Experience of multiple or large scale project delivery
• Ability to think strategically, imaginatively and develop clear sighted, concise and well-articulated plans
• Ability to work under pressure and meet competing and changing deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• IT literate with competency in the use of software packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills (Written and Verbal)
• Good presentation skills
• Ability to read and accurately interpret contract documents and programmes
• Proactive approach
• Full driving licence
• Contracting experience of at least 5 years
• Chartered status e.g. MCIOB/MICE/RIBA.
• Understanding of the technical installation of energy efficiency products
• Knowledge of PAS 2030
• Understanding the principles of Energy modelling
They are looking for a balance of skills and experience but your values and behaviours are equally as important
They are looking for people who are honest and trustworthy, who are willing to take responsibility. If you are passionate about what you deliver, and willing to go the extra mile then you’re the right person for the role and the business.
They offer a competitive salary in addition to a very comprehensive benefits package including company pension scheme, birthday leave, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, and many more!
They offer a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognise and reward your achievements.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to Kate Evans at email@example.com quoting the reference GP150 as soon as you can.
We look forward to hearing from you.